Declaration of Faith
The church firmly believes in the following basic truths:
1. In oneGod eternally existing in three persons:the Holy Father, the Holy Son, and the Holy Spirit. He created the heavens and all things and mankind. (Ex 3:14; Rev 4:11; John 17:3; 1 John 5:20; John 1:1; John 20:28; Acts 5:3-4; Romans 8:9-11; 1 Timothy 2:5 )
2. The Lord Jesus Christ is the only-begotten Son of God, incarnate, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, crucified, shed blood for atonement, resurrected and ascended to heaven, sitting at the right hand of God, and becoming between God and man The only mediator. (John 1:14; Acts 2:36; Matt 1:18, 22-23; Philippians 2:8; Hebrews 9:11-12; Ephesians 1:20; Acts 11; 1 Timothy 2:5)
3. The Holy Spirit is the comforter of believers. He moved the world to convict and repent, live with believers forever, and guide believers to understand the truth and be victorious and sanctified. (John 14:16-17; 16:8,13; 1 Corinthians 6:11; Gala 5:16)
4. All the sixty-six volumes of the Bible are inspired by God. They are completely infallible and will never change. They are the only criterion for Christian faith and life. (1 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21; John 14:26; 16:13; Matt 5:18; 1 Peter 1:24-25; Matt 4:4; 28:20)
5. Man was created by God in his own image. Corrupted due to sin, far away from the true God, dead in transgressions and sins, unable to save oneself, must rely on the grace of God, repent and believe in the Lord, be forgiven, and be reborn by the Holy Spirit before entering the kingdom of God. (Genesis 1:26-27; 9:6; Romans 3:23; Ephesians 1:7; 2:1-3; 2:8-9; Acts 4:12; 20:21; John 3:3-5)
6. Christ is the head of the church. The church is the body of Christ and the home of God. Including all believers who are born again and saved. (Ephesians 1:22-23; 3:15 in advance; 12:13 in 1 Corinthians)
7. The Lord Jesus Christ will come again to judge the dead and the living. Those who believe in him will always be with him, and those who do not believe will perish forever. All things will be subject to His feet, and His kingdom will last forever. (Posting 1:7-9; Hei 9:27; Rev 11:15; 20:11-15; Pre-post 4:16-17; 1 Corinthians 15:24-28)
Lubbock Chinese Church was formerly known as Chinese Campus Bible Study, which was founded in 1978 by some brothers from Taiwan and Hong Kong who loved the Lord. It later became a mission of the Houston Chinese Church around '82 and then became an independent church after Rev. Xu Wanchang (Robert Sea) took office in 1993.
Rev. Xu retired from our church in August 2018.
Rev. Liu Zhenchuan pastored at our church from March 2019 to April 2021.
we have moved to online gathering